Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Career Update


After the July-August 2013 job as the stand-in for actor Spencer Wilding in the movie “Jupiter Ascending” completed: I enrolled at the Chicago Actors Studio and have been taking acting classes there every Saturday. Performing plays, monologues and cold readings. My favorite has been playing Stanley Kowalski in “Street Car Named Desire”, Starbuck in “The Rain Maker” and 4 different characters’ for the studios’ Christmas/holiday play. I also took part in the Indie Film “The Working Dead” produced for the 72hr National Film Challenge, my 2nd IMDB credit!

My early 2014 goals were:
1) Registered and work at least once for all five casting agencies in Chicago that handle all professional background work: Atmosphere Casting, ExtraOrdinary Casting, Joan Philo Casting, and Marinella Chicago Casting, and 4 Star Casting.
2) Work at least once on all six TV series filmed in Chicago: Betrayal, Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, Crisis, Mind Games and Shameless, (plus the Empire trailer).
3) Work at least once for all four background-acting positions: Extra (featured), Precision Driver, Photo Double and Stand-in.

By April I had completed all but the photo double goal, having worked a total of nearly sixty days on the various film sets. My next goals are to continue taking the acting classes and add the audition class also available at the Chicago Actors Studio. It’s time to get my audition skills polished, resume and headshots in order and demo reel finished. Then let the auditioning for character roles begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment